Green With Envy Kale Salad
I don’t know what it is about me and my salads. One day I will write a book all about salads. Its kind of an art form for me. I usually just see what I have in the kitchen and off to creating I go. One day I decided to add some vinaigrette to my Thai peanut dressing and see what happened. What happened was delicious! Its packed full of green veggies, something I’m always encouraging my clients to add in to their diets. The best part about eating veggies is that its never too much! Load up your plate till your full and don’t feel bad about it. Veggies crowd out the bad foods and fill up your tummy. I have lots of secret tips on chopping and mixing, so keep an eye out for a workshop near you. I always love finding ways to eat more greens. Worried you’ll be hungry or want to make this a heartier meal? Add some grilled wild salmon, pastured chicken or grass-fed steak on top. This salad stores well (with the dressing on the side) and is part of my rotation that I make for a weeks worth of lunches for hubby and I.
I hope you enjoy it, and if you do send me a message or tag me & a pic on instagram @flourishwithcandice
Party Size or Weekly Meal Prep size
3/4 cup peanut oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 lemon juiced
2 tsp raw honey
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp organic Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 Tbsp. soy sauce ( or coconut liquid aminos if you prefer)
1 tsp water
1 tsp minced garlic
1tblsp peanut butter
For the Salad
2 to 3 bunches of lacinato kale - destemmed, thinly sliced and chopped
1/2 a head of green cabbage - thinly sliced and chopped or shredded
1/2 - 3/4 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts - roughly chopped
1/4 cup parmesan
1 bunch of chopped and stemmed cilantro & mint fresh herbs
1. Mix all ingredients for dressing into a jar or dressing container and shake thoroughly.
2. Wash, dry, and massage kale. By massaging the kale, it helps break down the cell structure, helping with the bitter taste.
3. Add kale, cabbage, peanuts, parmesan & fresh herbs to a bowl
4. Toss with desired amount of dressing.
5. Serve & enjoy! This also keeps in the fridge for leftovers for a few days if you leave the dressing off and store in a glass or stainless bowl. This is what I do and then take to work in a container.